Kenwood Drama Club Presents Clue

Kenwood+Drama+Club+presents+Clue+April+21-23%2C+2022.+

Kenwood Drama Club presents Clue April 21-23, 2022.

Lacie Pearl

Upon the return from Spring Break, Kenwood’s Drama Club hit the stage for the second time this year on April 21-23 to put on the production of Clue.

Clue is a murder-mystery based on the popular board game by the same name! The same familiar players can be recognized in the cast as well: Professor Plum, Miss Scarlett, Colonel Mustard, Mrs. Peacock, Mrs. White, and Mr. Green. They are invited to the Boddy Mansion where they meet the almost-too charming, Mr. Wadsworth and over the course of the evening a series of murders takes place and they must find the “Clues” to uncover the mystery!

Kenwood’s Drama teacher, Ms. Taylor, thought the production went really well and the kids in the play did amazing. She adds, “I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of hard work, especially with COVID and the delays it presents.”

Even with obstacles in the way, Ms. Taylor and the students still managed to put on a good play. She also adds, “The kids had a great time!” To her that’s the most important thing. Ms. Taylor’s vision for this play was, “I really just wanted Clue to be based off the board game like how it’s supposed to be.” She also decided to use the whole auditorium as the mansion for the play to “give the students a chance to interact with the audience”.

Kenwood’s English teacher Mrs. Cooper attended the production and thought the actors did a fantastic job. “It was enjoyable and Katrina Scott as Wadsworth did a fantastic job with her deadpan humor!” she shared.

Ms. Taylor says directing students is her favorite thing to do. She says, “The students we had were very talented; everyone was great individually.” She also says directing students is like “a circus and I’m the ring master.” Although she said the play “didn’t completely go as planned,” she says but it was a very cute and funny show.

The Drama Club will return next school year and for those interested in being a part of this amazing group, they should see Ms. Taylor in room 217. Interested students can always look out for audition announcements in the Fall or they can get involved by coming to interest meetings for tech crew!