Celebrating Kenwood’s Teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week

Ms.+Fulchers+ELA+12+students+love+spending+time+in+her+room+with+her.+

Ms. Fulcher’s ELA 12 students love spending time in her room with her.

Journalism Class

It’s Teacher Appreciation week here at Kenwood and everywhere across the country. But here at Kenwood as a community we wanted to make our teachers feel extra special so whether it was administration’s daily gifts and treats like Kona Ice, lunch provided by our Boosters Club, a fun spirit week sponsored by our SGA, thank you notes composed by students for their favorite teachers, or shout outs or hugs, Kenwood loves their teachers this week and every week.

Whatever their passion or craft Kenwood teachers such as Ms. Gavin and Mr. Pediford are often engaged with the work right along their students.

Where would any of us be without teachers?  Our school community and teachers are often  considered second families to some. Besides educating us, teachers take the time to listen to their students to make sure they’re heard, and they try their best to make a school a safe environment for students and staff.  Sophomore Sam T loves how despite their unpaid lunch break, many teachers keep their doors open to students during lunch time. “When we are suppose to eat lunch in the cafeteria they let us come in their room and they spend their lunch break talking to us,” he shares.

Teachers guide students to the right path and help them in school and with the process of growing up.  They take time out of their day to prepare class materials but to make sure students are doing well. Junior Jessica L shares, “Educators has helped me academically by providing help for me when I needed it. But they have also helped me personally when dealing with issues with friends or family.”

Teachers provide knowledge and education for their students to have the future they dream and aiding them in the right path. They care about our future and our ambitions and want to make sure we’re equipped to be the best version of ourselves.

Teachers like Ms. Forman are always excited to celebrate their students’ successes.

They are often role models and mentors to the kind of person we want to become. Sophomore Autumn R shares, “My teacher Ms. Tomasura is a really big inspiration for the type of person I want to be because she encourages everyone to push their limits and to focus on yourself.”

Teachers like Chef G here willingly give up their evenings and weekends at times to come cheer their students on at a big game or see them at their prom.

Teachers around the world make an impact on student’s lives. They motivate students to follow their dreams and embrace who they are. They inspire and motivate us to challenge ourselves. Teachers may teach us many things but it’s the relationships we made with our teachers that we remember. They aren’t just the cause of your future success in life but are often the inspiration to push ourselves to be the best  we can.

Today and everyday we are thankful for our teachers here at KHS.