IB Student Creates Video Art Exhibit to Examine the Human Experience through Art

Art is a form of expression that is all around us and created in a variety of ways. It’s an unspoken way to convey feelings, a message, share an experience. Art tells us a story and that story can differ depending on the one viewing the art.

Senior Ayodeji Omonmo is a fourth year art student who has elected to take the IB Art HL exam as part of his courses to get the IB diploma. HL stands for Higher Level. This is Ayodeji’s second or culminating year in IB Art.  He shares, “Art is so important for social change because it could deliver a message without words. And that message could be strong enough to enact change.”

For the exam, Omonmo had to complete three parts– The art show which is Ayodeji’s video below, a sketchbook, and a research essay. IB art teacher, Anna Handy, shares, “IB Art is particularly rewarding as a class because it encourages students to use a variety of media and explore the context of artworks. This greater depth of investigation helps students more fully develop their creative process. It results in artwork that is an experimentation of media and thought rather than just ‘making pretty’. ”

Ayodeji adds, “I hope the audience looks at my exhibit thinking harder about the emotions that we face.” To check out Ayodeji’s full art exhibit be sure to check out his video art show: IB Art Exhibit by senior Ayodeji Omomo