The Home Stretch of Senior Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Home Stretch of Senior Year

Julie Ortiz

Julie Ortiz

Julie Ortiz

Taylor Brown, Senior

Three more months until we graduate. All the hard work and dedication that was put into our multiple years of school is coming to an end. But is it really the end? By now everyone should have been looking at colleges and applied to their favorite ones. The decision deadline is approaching, and it’s time to put the finishing touches on what colleges and career paths we will all be choosing.

We should have all recently purchased cap and gowns for the end of the year for our big graduation day on June 10 at 7pm at Townson University. Remember each student only gets six tickets for graduation. Anyone attending of any age, including babies, need a ticket.

Students with our senior advisors, Ms. Gray and Mr. Keener are working together to finalize the details of our senior prom on May 17 at Baltimore Museum of Industry, the one night many kids grow up dreaming about. The night starts at 8pm.

Students are excited for end of the year activities, as classes are expected to come to a close on May 22 as students begin graduation rehearsal and their final good byes at the class picnic May 23 and 24. Seniors are excitedly beginning to plan their senior week beach trip that follows graduation.

So bear down for these last 50 days as Mr. Keener reminded us at our recent senior assembly. Though this final march to graduation might seem like it’s never going to get here it’ll be here before we know it. Then believe it or not we’ll miss these Kenwood days more than we realize.

Date Reminders for Seniors:
March 20 & 21 Mock Interviews  in English classes
March 22 Make up Cap and Gown Pictures  for students L-Z with times posted outside Room 3
Contact Ms. Jones at [email protected] about purchasing your senior yearbook
Senior Video photos to room 22
April 24 Senior Prom tickets go on sale before and after school or during 2nd and 3rd periods (all financial obligations must be settled before purchasing prom tickets)
April 30 Senior Signing Day to recognize student dedication to furthering their education
May 13 Beginning of turning in devices
May 15-22 Final Exams
May 17 Mandatory SADD Assembly (Prom tickets distributed at end of the assembly)
May 18 Gap and Gown distribution
May 22 Senior Awards Ceremony by invitation only
May 23 and 24 Senior Activities with rehearsals, farewell assemblies, and senior picnic