New Kenwood Cares Club Bringing Kindness

Back to Article
Back to Article

Autumn Blackwell and Myasiah Bilola, Senior and Junior

There’s a new club in town at Kenwood High School – the Kenwood Cares Club. Under the leadership of Ms. Walker and Ms. Eichelberger, the club was started in efforts to bring some light and positivity to Kenwood.

Kenwood Cares is a club dedicated to giving back to our community and exploring new ways we can do that through our school. The club has done many things to give back to the community, including help a soup kitchen in inner city Baltimore called Manna House. The experience of getting to give back to the homeless was very rewarding and taught students to cherish the little things in life.

The Kenwood Cares Club also began the unity and kindness campaign in the month of November. Students and teachers worked together to spread a little love throughout the community, and even better—it was right around the holidays. Many people in the Kenwood community came together to show that despite the many differences we may see in people, being kind and unified are the most important values of all.

Over the holidays, Kenwood Care members were able to put together care packages and send them to military troops. They included personalized notes, thanking the troops for all their hard work. “I am so grateful to be able to be a part of such an amazing club that gives back to so many. I’ve made new friends along the way and love the great teachers I have mentoring me,” said Myasiah Bilola.

This club will open students’ eyes to many new possibilities of spreading help and kindness to those in need.