Magical “Beauty and the Beast” Wows Audience

Back to Article
Back to Article

The cast of Kenwood High School's

The cast of Kenwood High School's "Beauty and the Beast."

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Katelyn Taylor, Senior

I have one word to describe Kenwood’s opening night production of the musical “Beauty and the Beast”: magical.

Everyone in the audience was on an emotional roller coaster because of how well all the actors projected their feelings and brought every one along with them in the story.

All of the students who performed did an amazing job with continuing to perform throughout minor technical difficulties. The singing was on point, and the people that were tasked with taking on huge roles like Belle (freshmen Bryn Lang), the Beast (junior Matthew Tydings) and Gaston (senior Francis Bell) did such an amazing job with filling their roles and seeming like they truly were their character. The costumes also were great and matched the movie well.

For this being my first play, it was very memorable. The funniest part for me had to have been when Gaston “fell” from the tower and screamed “ahhh” in the deepest and most monotone voice possible.

Even though this performance had its small flaws, which can easily be fixed for the next show, it was an excellent performance.

Overall, during the course of the show’s three-night run, 1,000 people had the chance to see Kenwood’s “Beauty and the Beast.” All of the actors and crew members in this musical should be congratulated for their amazing work.

The Drama Club will present its next show, a play, in the spring.